Sunday, March 8, 2015

Saturday Music Club, Music Savings Time edition: Better 1? Better 2?

Betty Everett: "You're No Good"


Dee Dee Warwick: "You're No Good"


Dinah Washington: "Soulville"


Aretha Franklin: "Soulville"

Fairport Convention: "Si Tu Dois Partir"


Bob Dylan: "If You Gotta Go, Go Now"


The Hollies: "I Can't Let Go"


Linda Ronstadt: "I Can't Let Go"


Glenn Miller Orchestra with Ray Eberle: "Serenade in Blue"


Glenn Miller Orchestra with Pat Friday (singing for Lynn Bari): "Serenade in Blue"


The Bangles: "Dover Beach"


Charles in Charge theme

3 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

1,1,1,1,2,1

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Hi Todd! You have spotlighted some good music. I haven't listened to Bob Dylan and Linda Ronstadt for a long time though I can't tell you what I did listen to in the past. The Bangles' "Walk Like An Egyptian" and "Manic Monday" were popular during my college days in the mid-eighties.

Todd Mason said...

Amusing, Richard! I think my only serious disagreement would be my preference for Aretha Franklin's cover of "Soulville" (the Zombies' version is just a bit silly).

Prashant, this song was one of the best on the Bangles' album before the one with the hits you mention...I have to wonder how much the ripping off of the Bangles tune (on CBS Records), made goofier and "softer" for the theme of a CBS tv series the next year, led to negotiations for more support from CBS for that next album (DIFFERENT LIGHT).